These vegetable patties are a great way to cram extra vegetables into your day, they are quick and simple to make and can be left prepared in the fridge until you want to bake in them for dinner or lunch (or popped in the freezer for a later date). They can be made for burgers or into smaller portions and served in a pita as an alternative for falafel. Also an easy recipe that lets you swap and switch vegetables that you may need to use up from your weekly shop.
We love to make them early in the week so they're ready to get when we get home from a yoga class at night! For a gluten free version we love to swap bread crumbs with oats (they have a similar texture and even more fibre!).
Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 10 patties
NUTRITIONAL VALUE – per serve
Fat, total 2.0g, 0.5 saturated
Sugar 4.2 g
Sodium 237 mg
4 kale leaves
2 carrots, mashed
1 sweet potato, mashed
handful of spinach
1 cup of bread crumbs
Mixed nuts (chopped) and seeds
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Roast cauliflower and blitz in food processor with kale and spinach
3. Combine with the mashed carrots and sweet potato, add salt and pepper
4. Add 1 egg and bread crumbs
5. Shape into patties
6. Whisk egg in a bowl and place nuts and seeds in another bowl
7. Coat patties in egg wash and roll in seeds
8. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes - serve with salad or in a burger or just by themselves for a snack!
By Zoe Ball :)
Stretch Yoga Blog
Just like you we are constantly learning about yoga, health and wellness. We love sharing our knowledge, musings and favourite healthy recipes - let us know what you think!