We all know that bolsters are amazing in yoga class! They give a blissful heart opener in reclining butterfly (supta baddha konasana), are super nice to hug in child’s pose (balasana) and feel simply divine underneath the knees in relaxation time (savasana). If you’ve been thinking of taking one of these bad boys home, but are hesitating because you might not use it as much as you’d like, we’ve come up with 10 ways to use them everyday (and totally get your money’s worth!).
- Replacement Sofa: One, two, three of six… create your own cushion set to suit all your comfort and alignment needs.
- Footrest: Put those feet up!
- Draught Blocker: Maybe not urgently needed if you are lucky enough to live in sweltering Brisbane, however, when the rare winter chill creeps under your door you don’t have to worry, stick your bolster at the bottom of your door and bam.
- Leg Strengthener: Place it on top of your feet whilst sitting at a desk or computer and do some reps lifting your toes up and down. It’s a little foot push up.
- Balance Challenge: Lay on it lengthways and try Locust or Bow pose. Feels quite different.
- Baby Prop: Strengthen your bub’s back, neck and arms by placing the bolster under the baby’s armpits whilst they are laying on their bellies! They tend to love the change of perspective and to like the slightly raised perspective as well.
- Sit up spotter: Place on top of your feet and enjoy the added aid of a light weight.
- Pillow: Pretty self-explanatory, but even better if you get a crazy cooled patterned version!
- Replacement Snuggle buddy: Perfect for those of us who are forever alone! Bonus points because bolsters don’t snore, hog the bed or talk back ;)
- Pretend Space Rocket: Use your imagination and the sky’s the limit.
Have we convinced you?! Check out our great range of bolsters here.